The Importance Of A Good Mental Health
In a time where good physical appearance is mistaken for good mental health the need to discuss vitality of good mental health is necessary. We should not forget that the brain is a vital part of our body and as much as we take care of our skin, invest in it we should also do same for our mind and our mental health.
A good mental health is when a person’s condition regarding their psychological and emotional well being is good and in a rightful state. Having a good mental health have no rules because what might give me peace or mind might not necessary do same for you. However, they are general tips to take while attempting to maintain a good mental health. This would be discussed later.
WHY IS YOUR MENTAL HEALTH IMPORTANT?
- When your mental health is sound you cope better with stress, stress is almost inevitable but when you are mentally sound you take fewer sick days at work and therefore you can contribute to the society and environment better
- Your attention span is better when you have a good mental health
- With the prevalence of depression and anxiety it is important to have a good mental health, the first step to depression is not having the right mental picture about situation or yourself, thus mental health is important.
- Mental health issues lead to physical health issues this is because our entire is a system and thus it relates to each other. You would have a good physical body if you take care of your mind
- The core of having a functional society is having individuals who have the right mental health; thus, the foundation of every functional society lies in the members of its society.
- It aids your self esteem
GENERAL TIPS TO MAINTAIN A GOOD MENTAL HEALTH
- Avoid changing sleep routine
- Exercise daily, this would help strenuous or investigating activity before going to bed
- Visit your doctor if you wake up feeling like you haven’t slept, you fall asleep regularly doing the course of the day or you have heavy breathing or loud snores, you find yourself not being able to sleep even when you fell tired.
- Take warm bath or shower before going to bed
- Have healthy conversations with people
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine and alcohol
Remember, your mental health is important, take care of your mind.